Day 3 | Sept 20
Read about another Earthquake in Mexico so our caravan is keeping us posted on the developments. Hopefully things will have settled down and we will be able to travel to Mexico as planned. Regardless if it doesn’t work out well continue travelling the US.
We left at 9AM, but wished we had left earlier we got caught in rush hour traffic at Columbus, OH. We have another big city to go around, Indianapolis. We entered Indiana at 11:45AM, the roads are rough especially overpasses and bridges (hard to make sandwiches for lunch). After we crossed the city of Indianapolis it was a long stretch without rest areas, luckily the driver went to washroom earlier. We arrived at Illinois at 1:30 and we gained an 1 hour because of central time. So we decided to bypass our campground and keep driving for another 1 hour. Our total time on the road today was 8 hours and we still arrived at Cedarbrook Campground in Mulberry at 5PM or 4PM central.